Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Beginnings

I started this blog because I didn't like the other one I had.  I wanted to start fresh with something.  This blog isn't going to be about anything specific but rather about anything and everything that may come to mind.  The two posts below, Yellowstone and Oak Island, Nova Scotia, I brought over from my other blog because they've always been my two most popular posts and I didn't have the heart to take them down.  On this blog you'll find posts about writing, books, the supernatural or cryptozoology, anthropology/forensic anthropology, random ramblings, irritations, observations and hopefully photos of my travels (when I'm in a position to start them).

I can't tell you how often I'll post, I tend to just write when the mood hits but hopefully you'll enjoy this place anyway.  This will also be a place where I post news of my books and upcoming publications.

I'm going to start this blog of with, what I call, "My to do and to learn list".  A sort of new years resolution for the rest of my life.  I'm going to add a new tab for them and add and cross off as I think of new things or complete them.  And by all means, if anybody out there has a way to help me accomplish any of these, let me know!  :)

To Do and to Learn:
- lose weight and be healthy (in progress)
- learn more about nutrition (in progress)
- run a marathon
- buy a really nice camera to take all my travel photos with (got one for Christmas!  2012)
- visit every state in the U.S. (10 down (and Washington D.C.) and 40 to go) (I'll spare you and not list all 50 states . . . but I've been to Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Florida, Texas, Arizona and Georgia....could list many more that I've just "passed through" but my goal is to actually visit in some capacity . . .)
- visit every continent at least once (3 down, 4 to go)
   Africa (South Africa)
   North America (United States, Canada and Guam)
   South American (Peru)
   Australia
   Europe
   Asia
   Antarctica (yes I will even take a trip here for the sake of this goal) 
- travel the Trans-Siberian railroad in its entirety, a 9 day trip (or at least until it reaches North Korea, not sure if I'm allowed in, or would even want to go in....but I believe that N.K. is the last stop on the railroad)
- learn a martial art (or two)
- learn yoga (in progress)
- write more books!  ;) (in progress)
- learn how to effectively (and safely) shoot a gun
- learn self defense
- become a forensic anthropologist (on my way!)
- hike the grand canyon
- learn a new language (or several)
- swim with dolphins
- visit the redwood forest
- visit Puzzlewood, in the UK
- visit the "7 wonders of the world" as currently listed below:
   The Original Seven Wonders of the World
        The Colossus of Rhodes
        The Great Pyramid of Giza
        The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
        The Lighthouse of Alexandria
        The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
        The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
        The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
   The Seven Wonders of the Modern World
         Channel Tunnel
         CN Tower
         Empire State Building
         Golden Gate Bridge
         Itaipu Dam
         Netherlands North Sea Protection Works
         Panama Canal
    Natural Wonders of the World
         Grand Canyon
         The Great Barrier Reef
         The Harbor at Rio de Janeiro
         Mt. Everest
         Northern Lights (but I would like to see them from somewhere more northerly than Pa.)
         Paricutin Volcano
         Victoria Falls
    The "New" Seven Wonders of the World
On July 7, 2007 (7-7-07) an organization announced a "new" set of the Seven Wonders of the World based on online voting from around the world...          
         Chichen Itza, Mexico - Mayan City
         Christ Redeemer, Brazil - Large Statue
         The Great Wall, China (and possibly hike it in its entirety, almost 2000 miles)
         Machu Picchu, Peru
         Petra, Jordan - Ancient City
         The Roman Colosseum, Italy
         The Taj Mahal, India

2 comments:

  1. wow Lauren that's a busy list! Good luck and keep us involved with all of your adventures. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! Just go for it and do it! Loved the blog and joined!

    ReplyDelete